When you’re building and designing a camper you will (like me) spend a lot of time reading what other people have done for inspiration. This is mainly so I don’t lose my place; here are a few of websites and blogs sat in my browser tabs:
- Van Dog Traveller – sadly built on an LDV chassis rather than a Sprinter, but he sold everything up and moved into his home built custom van.
- Near Wild Northwest – detailing their custom sprinter built and the overhead cabinets
- Steph Davis’ pages on her custom van and her travels. She’s a sponsored climber and spends a lot of time living out of her Sprinter
- A thread on Expedition Portal covering a custom build of a camper from a T1N carbo and some lovely custom cabinets
- Custom door stop by Norton, a must for all sliding doors made by Norton fabrication. This simple accessory allows you to set how far the door goes before stopping.
- A great guide on building and living in a van including handy articles, and for me an indispensable set of image showing the install of the Surco rear wheel carrier for the Sprinter.
- Sprinter Revolution’s handy guide on installing a heater.
- I’ve bought the ebook from these guys I loved their work so much. Always the Road is well worth reading.