Anker are my favourite brand for portable batteries and cables but they are broadening their horizons. They now sell waterproof bags, which are perfect for going on the motorbike or keeping kit dry on a day out in the van.
For 9.99UKP at the moment on amazon you get two in the box each of which include a lanyard.
The specs from them are listed as :
- Waterproof: IPX8 rating offers complete waterproof protection in a wide range of environments. Keep your phone dry in 32 ft of water and shield against mud, dust, or even snow.
- Effortless Use: High-clarity, ultra-sensitive PVC offers seamless use of your phone’s touchscreen and camera-even underwater.
- Lock and Go: Simple snap and lock mechanism seals pouch securely to protect your phone, while neck strap offers convenient carrying.
- Universal Compatibility: Designed to hold smartphones measuring up to 6 inches. Remove phone case for a better fit.
- What’s In The Box: Anker Waterproof Phone Pouch x2, Neck Strap x2, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
I found that the neck of the bag has a usable maximum width of around 9cm, although that depend son the thickness of what you want to put in it. It’ll easily fit a small to medium smartphone and the plastic allows you to control your phone through the side of the bag.
To use the bag there are two rotating clips at the top that allow you to undo the two black plastic pegs at the top of the bag that when closed up tight compress the bag top together and keep it waterproof.
I’ve found it handy on the motorbike to keep my essential kit waterproof in the current bad weather. I’m not sure how long the plastic clips at the top will last however given you get two in the box and the price these will certainly last a season.